Skip to main content

GIVE YOU AWAY



Marriage.  I've been reflecting on my love for my amazing husband today...
We have so much fun together, share so much love, and are so incredibly suited for each other.  But...there comes with that being sinful human beings coming together and learning how to better love the other.  How to care for the other in a way that is received (unique to each person) as love.  Marriage, as wonderful as it is, is a fight.  Fight to love Christ most and die to self.  Fight to love selflessly and humbly and generously.  Fight with grace.  Fight with surrender, ultimately, of the other person to our Lord.  

I wrote this song for Joshua recently as we have been working through some deep heart issues...and to me it is the crux of how I can best love my man.  If I want to love him best, I need to surrender him to the one who is perfect.  The true ultimate lover.  I'll share it with you all... 

Its called: 

GIVE YOU AWAY

vs. 1: 
Looking on the days, all the days, of my knowing you
There's been some tough times, some rough times, and really good times too
I've loved you well and I've loved you wrongly
When I love you selfishly my fears come out strongly
Guess it's time I open up my heart
to give you the best gift, to give you away

>And so I say

Chorus:
I can't hold onto you, 'cus you're not mine to keep

So I give you to our Jesus
'Cus in Him you're close to me
I give you to our Jesus, because you're already His
Oh, with His love our love runs deep
I give you to our Jesus

vs. 2: 
I struggle with my trust, I wrestle with my fears
I want to feel secure and never shed a tear
So I try to grip you tight, keep you close in sight
While all I feel is hopeless to ever keep you, dear
I must give you away, give you away
I give you to our Jesus

>And so I say
>Chorus

vs. 3: 
If I've missed a beat, let this song complete
The love you feel from me
Scratch the surface of my heart and you'll find love
But my heart it sure runs deep
At the core is the source of my deepest love
His name is Jesus, oh our Jesus

>And so I say

>Chorus 2/Refrain: 
What is love without trust, and what is trust without hope
And where does my hope come from?
One who gave his life, so that we might have eternal love and life

Jesus' greatest gift was to give Himself
So the greatest gift I can give to you, is open palms and constant prayer
That you and I will meet Him there

Together, Forever

>And so I say

I GIVE YOU TO OUR JESUS....

I love you forever, my gentle Lion. :) 

Comments

  1. This is absolutely phenomenal. Such awesome truth and love ... and beautiful talent. Thanks for writing this and sharing it with us, Sister!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'M UGLY...BUT IT'S A BEAUTIFUL THING

I'm ugly....but it's a beautiful thing. :) Disclaimer 1: this is going to be raw.  Personal. Just warning you. Disclaimer 2: If you see a bunch of quotes or pictures from FLYLEAF lyrics, it's because for the last few months, I've been listening to them on my runs.  God has used a handful of the lyrics to really spur me on in digging deeper into my own heart.  No, they aren't super theologically deep, but I'm thankful for the thought their lyrics have provoked... Let me give you a few snippets of my background to flesh out the picture a bit. Most of my life, I have been one of two extremes: 1. Highly praised and favored or 2. Highly assumed, backstabbed or just...the recipient of mean . For number 1, the main things I have heard over and again:  "You're so encouraging, the most humble person I've met, sweet, kind, beautiful, fun..." ... For number 2, I won't go into details, but let's just say my trusting vulnerable hear...

The Endless Quest for Unity

  Definition of unity: 1a : the quality or state of not being multiple : oneness I have often struggled with the word “unity,” but I have been confronted with it over and again lately.   A few examples:  -Looking for it in the middle of a conflict with my spouse -Hearing it touted as the goal for America by government leaders -In issues of racism, unity is the cry of many.  -The church is called to be unified over and again in scripture I have struggled with the word unity as it just seems like this unattainable mountain when I look at it with my human eyes.  I think, because I want to “feel” something before I can be unified with something.  I want to make something happen, ultimately, justice, before considering unity.  I need to know that I can trust the person who is calling me to be unified in the area, or with person xyz.   Funny how you can know the truth for so long, but then one day, your “knowing” hits you in the face as ...

"But, Daddy..."

"But Daddy, I want it Noooooowwwww!!"  whines Veruca Salt throughout the Willy Wonka movie.  So obnoxious. So annoying.  So much wanting you to find your duct tape and slap it across her mouth.  Ugh.  But wait.  Isn't that annoying display a sign of discontentment?  Impatience?  Aren't I often struggling with discontentment and impatience?  I think Veruca was spoiled too, but I am not quite able to call myself that.  ;)  Anyway.  Patience.  I struggle to maintain it.  When I see something that needs to be done, or that could be done...I just want to do it.  If there is an event that I want to take place...it needs to be as soon as possible.  Sometimes, if I have a task in front of me, I literally can't "rest"...or choose not to...until it is accomplished. I was the kid who always got her new textbooks and instead of taking each day and lesson in order, in it's time...I'd immediately open the book and...